Scratch coding class for kids
Scratch is a block-based
programming language developed by MIT Media Lab. This visual
programming language is primarily used for teaching programming to
younger kids as young as six years due to the simplicity and the fun
elements offered. Students can create projects on the scratch
website using a block-like interface. These blocks can include
images and audio files.
Our team will guide the parents to create an account for
Scratch and download the free offline software.
Topics covered in the Scratch coding:
- Getting started- Learning various blocks and how to use
- Animate your name
- Animation by changing costumes/Customize costumes
- Adding sounds to Story/Animation
- Making customized backdrop
- Simple Game creation
- Simple story creation
- Story creation with moving background
- How to use Text to speech and Video sensing block
- Adding visual effects to character and backdrop
- How to use Pen tool to draw Art
- Game creation with timer
- Game creation with scores and sensing blocks
- Game/Story with Customized Backdrop
- Chasing game using Mouse and Cat
- Our kid is not familiar with computers; can he/ she join a
scratch coding course?
For Younger students who are not
familiar with using the computer, parents should sit with them for
few classes to help them follow the teacher’s instructions. Our
free trial class will give an idea of what sort of support is
required by the parent.
- I am not sure if my kid will show interest in coding and
nor sure if I should enroll the child in the course.
Again, the trial class is the
answer if you are unsure if your child will show interest.
- Can I use a phone or iPad for the scratch coding class?
Screen sharing will be difficult
on few devices, and hence any device which has larger screens and
screen sharing allowed can be used for the class. Contact Classvio
support to do a test for this.
- Does scratch coding helps teach students to create real
Scratch coding is used to
introduce programming concepts and real life applications are not
created on this platform.
How to join our Scratch coding class
Signup on the platform Classvio
using parent name and email ID and send us an email
to attend a free trial class. Once you decide to join the course, we
will schedule and help you to book the course.